Apple snuck a Safari update out today through Software update. You’re going to want to run your updates from the Apple menu.
This update contains improvements to usability, compatibility, stability, accessibility and security, including the following:
- More accurate Top Hit results in the Address Field
- More accurate results in Top Sites
- Fixes an issue that could cause content delivered with the Flash 10.1 plug-in to overlap webpage content
- More reliable pop-up blocking
- Improved stability when typing into search and text input fields on www.netflix.com and www.facebook.com
- Improved stability when using VoiceOver with Safari
- For detailed information on the security content of this update, please visit this site: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222
Expect an OS X restart once your update is done. Save your files, close your applications, and then do the Safari installation. There’s nothing worse than having the OS yell at you to close your programs.
TUAW is reporting that the update fixes a nasty address field bug. The bug would give priority to headlines in the URL bar over actual URLs. It’s been driving me crazy for the last couple of weeks.