It looks like Apple’s decided to grace us with some new iMacs and an updated Mac Mini without making us wait for a major Apple event to get the news.
Brand spanking new iMacs and updated Mac Minis have been released. For the iMac line they now have Backlit Displays, and Quad-Core processors. They come in both a 21.5 and a 27 inch widescreen display.
The Mac Mini
- 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor
- 2GB of DDR3 1066 MHz memory
- 160GB hard drive
- Five USB 2.0 ports
- FireWire 800
- NVIDIA GeForce 9400M integrated graphics
- A SuperDrive®.
But the real news comes with a 999.00 USD price tag. It’s a Mac Mini with Snow Leopard – Server Edition. It features two 500GB hard drives, which means you now have a new option for a home server, that doesn’t include buying a Mac Mini and OS X Server separately.
- LED-backlit displays with a 16:9 aspect ratio
- The 21.5-inch iMac features a 1920-by-1080 pixel display.
- The 27-inch iMac features a 2560-by-1440 pixel display.
- Both 21.5 and 27-inch displays use IPS technology.
- NVIDIA GeForce 9400M integrated graphics or ATI Radeon HD 4670 discrete graphics in the 21.5-inch model
- ATI Radeon HD 4670 discrete graphics or ATI Radeon HD 4850 discrete graphics in the 27-inch model.
- 4GB of 1066 MHz DDR3 memory and capacity up to 16GB across four SO-DIMM slots.
- iSight® video camera, mic and stereo speakers integrated into the thin aluminum and glass design.
- AirPort Extreme® 802.11n Wi-Fi networking, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, Gigabit Ethernet,
- Four USB 2.0 ports, one FireWire® 800 port
- Built-in SD card slot.
- Top of the line model now has 2.66 GHz Intel Core i5 quad-core processor with 8MB shared L3 cache