Though there is always a ton of news that we bring to you every week here at Macgasm, there are plenty of stories that fly a bit under the radar. We have some stories that don’t quite fit what we do here, but are still worth checking out. Here is this week’s list:
- Today’s Atari bankruptcy latest in a long history of corporate deaths, Ars Technica – does an excellent job showing Atari’s long descent from king of video games, to an asset to be sold off in bankruptcy.
- Sophie in North Korea, Eric Schmidt’s daughter accompanied her father on his trip to Pyongyang; she took plenty of pictures.
- A close look at how Oracle installs deceptive software with Java updates, Java is a lot of things: corporate standard, malware magnet, and ubiquitous. Oracle has decided that wasn’t enough and goes out of their way to try and force a toolbar on their users.
- Apple CFO Jerry Seinfeld Addresses the Shareholders, What if Jerry Seinfeld was CEO of Apple.
- Top 10 Good Tech Habits Everyone Should Have, Lifehacker – provides a series of topics with linked how-to guides on good tech habits.