So either people really do prefer to use what ever the default apps on their phone are, or the apocalypse is coming. There was a report in The Guardian earlier this week that Apple Maps had taken 23 million users from Google Maps. In a quiet release that suggests that maybe Apple took those accusations about creating lines for the iPhone 5s too personally, the iPad Mini with Retina Display was released this week. To save you a trip down to the mall, AppleCare techs can now service your Mac via Screen Sharing. Just remember to clear your browser history; save them the awkward conversation. Apple’s legal department is getting busy again. The rematch against Samsung is heating up, with Phil Shiller accusing Samsung of copying the iPhone and hurting its image. Probably more worrying to Apple’s lawyers is the police raid on their Italian headquarters.
Our Features, Tips, and Funny Posts
- Why Not Buy Yahoo!
- Get A Better Look At Apple’s Spaceship Campus With Several New Pics
- Steve Jobs Inducted Into Bay Area Hall of Fame, Eddy Cue Tells Personal iMac Story
- Here’s How You Can Block Unwanted Callers With iOS 7
- Want To Find iPhone 5S, iPad Stock? Apple-Tracker Has Been Mirrored
Stories From Around the Web
- Facebook Warns Users After Adobe Breach | Krebs on Security covers the continuing fallout from the Adobe hack.
- How long do hard drives actually live for? | ExtremeTech explains why it might be time to replace that dusty external hard drive.
- Sync Your Keyboard Shortcuts Between iOS and Mavericks with iCloud | Lifehacker has a neat trick to save your custom keyboard shortcuts between OS X and iOS.
- Astronaut Chris Hadfield on Why We Need a Space Program | You Tube’s favorite astronaut discusses why the space program is important.
- Please Stop ‘Burning In’ Your Earphones | Wired explains why this audiophile ritual is mere superstition.