Lately there have been quite a few non-jailbreak tweaks, and the newest one lets you put an unlimited number of your apps in your Newsstand folder so that you can use it just like any other app folder. You don’t even need any apps or to visit any other websites to use this trick. Here’s all you need to do:
- Place the Newsstand folder on the second page of your home screen.
- Place any app you want to hide inside the Newsstand app on the third page of your home screen.
- With your iPhone on the third page, press the home button once, and immediately tap and hold on the first app you want to hide.
- With your iPhone back at the first home screen, release your finger and swipe over to the second screen. If it worked, your icons should be wiggling.
- Open up the Newsstand folder and tap the home button again. The app you want to hide should now be inside Newsstand.
It might take a couple of tries to get the timing right. Particularly for step 4, you have to be pretty quick or the trick won’t work.
The one downside to this trick is that if you restart your iPhone or it shuts down when your battery dies, all of the icons you placed inside Newsstand will be back on your home screen, which means you’ll have to do all these steps again if you want them back in. Also, you can’t remove apps individually. The only way to get them back out of Newsstand is to restart your iPhone.