Did you know that you can play the audio tracks from YouTube videos in the background of iOS while using other apps? I surely didn’t, but you can with this simple tip, which seams painfully obvious in retrospect.
All you have to do is:
- Open the YouTube app, and play the video you’re looking to listen to while doing something else.
- Hit your Home button to leave the app.
- Double tap the Home button to open up the multitasking bar.
- Slide from left to right to bring up your audio controls and tap the play button again.
- Boom, audio playing. You can now open any other application you want, and still have the luxury of listening to your favorite podcast, music, or video.
We recommend you subscribe to the Macgasm podcast and stream that, but we’re a little biased.
File this one in the I wish I knew this earlier folder, because it could have seriously come in handy over the last couple of months.
Source: OS X Daily