If you’re the kind of person that likes playing big full length games on your iPad, today marks the release of a pretty great one. The 2003 game Stars Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is now available for iPad.
Here’s the games official description:
• An epic Star Wars role-playing experience with unique characters, creatures, vehicles and planets.
• Learn to use the Force with over 40 different powers, plus build your own lightsaber.
• Adventure through iconic Star Wars locations, including Tatooine and the Wookiee homeworld Kashyyyk.
• Choose your party from nine customizable characters, including Twi’leks, droids and Wookiees.
• Travel to eight enormous worlds in your own starship, the Ebon Hawk.
• A streamlined user interface custom-made for the iPad’s touch screen helps immerse you in the action.
The critically acclaimed RPG is often said to be one of the best games of all-time, and is a favorite amongst many gamers. It was originally released in 2003 for Xbox and PC and was developed by Bioware, the studio that went on to create another incredibly successful sci-fi hit with the Mass Effect series. The iPad version has been ported over by Aspyr, a developer well experienced in porting games over to Apple’s platforms.
Rumors had been circling that game was going to be released for iPad since developer Aspyr sent out a newsletter last week that included the text ““The critically-acclaimed Star Wars RPG is now available on iPad…”
Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic, or as fans call it “KOTOR”, is available now on the app store for $9.99. It requires at least an iPad 2 and iOS 6 as well as a substantial 2.5 GB of free space to fit in all of that spacey goodness.
If you missed out on it when it was first released, now might be a perfect way to go back and see what all the fuss is about.