IK Multimedia has updated their iKlip stand to be compatible with the new form of the iPad 2. As opposed to producing a whole new product specifically for the iPad 2, they instead developed snap-in adaptors that improve the fit of the original iKlip for the iPad 2. These adaptors will ship with all iKlip purchases, allowing the product to be universal for the iPad and iPad 2.
iKlip is a universal microphone stand adaptor that allows you to mount your iPad just below your mic. It seems like a great hands-free way to access your iPad while on stage or in the studio. Here are some of the iKlip’s features:
- Sturdy, durable thermoplastic construction with sure-grip touch points — securely holds your iPad without scratching or marring it
- Universal stand clip securely attaches to virtually any microphone stand
- Multi-angle adjustment allows precise positioning for optimal stage or studio viewing
- Quick-snap clips provide fast, secure iPad insertion
- Fast installation — iKlip installs on your mic stand in seconds with the twist of a knob
- All controls, buttons and connectors are accessible when your iPad is clipped into iKlip
- Multi-mount design provides both horizontal and vertical orientation of your iPadCan be mounted on the vertical part of a mic stand, or on a horizontal boom for limitless positioning
- Designed and manufactured in Italy
The universal iKlip with the iPad 2 adaptors starts shipping in June. This nifty little product will run you $39.99.