A while back you may remember that Apple was looking to hire what it calls “Ground Truth Experts”, employees that are tasked with improving and ensuring the most accurate Maps information for their local area. Well now it seems like the company is making another big push for ensuring its Maps app is accurate, as the company has just posted 30 new job openings for Ground Truth Experts around the world.
The job openings range from Tokyo, to Paris, to Seoul, to Amsterdam, to Los Angeles, and all look for people that are familiar with their location and that would be able to help improve that region’s mapping information. Here is the complete job description for one of the openings:
The Maps team is looking for people with a passion for mapping, great testing skills, and deep regional knowledge to help us build better and better maps. In this position, you will be responsible for the quality assessment of Apple Maps for your region, including both data and map services. You will monitor changes to our maps, provide feedback on unique local map requirements, collect ground truth information, and evaluate competing products.
Apple also asks that you have these qualifacations, along with a bachelor’s degree:
* Excellent attention to detail
* QA experience
* Familiarity with evaluating map quality
* At least five years experience living in the region of interest
* Detailed knowledge of the unique features of your local area, including preferred place names, prominent businesses, public services, seasonal events, driving routes, landmarks, and road names
* Strong written and spoken English skills
If you want to see the full list of regions, you can check Apple’s job listings here.