Early this morning, Tumblr pushed out version 3.0 of their iPhone app. If you’re not already in the know, Tumblr is a wildly popular social blogging platform that has seen much love from the tech elite as well as the teenaged animated-gif-posting elite. Now you can post annoying meme gifs even easier!
This update brings many useful features, but we’ll highlight a few here: The dashboard has been redesigned, images are now high resolution, Spotify integration has been added, tag searching is now available, and composing new posts is easier than ever. It’s a great update, and any iPhone-using Tumblogger will want to get the update.
That said, this isn’t a universal app. It works fine on the iPad, but it isn’t designed to take advantage of the iPad’s screen. You’re stuck using it in a tiny window, or blowing it up to 2x mode, and looking at a pixelated mess. Come on, Tumblr. Show us iPad users some love!
Full Release Notes:
– Sleeker Dashboard
– Easier to tap stuff
– High-res images
– Spotify support
– Improved photosets
– New image viewer
– Tag search
– Notifications live in one place
– New and improved post forms
– Faster (no more waiting for the post to upload!)
– Camera shortcut (swipe the compose button up!)
– Text post shortcut (swipe the compose button left!)
– Offline support (post, like, reply, and reblog even when you’re not connected!)