A new update for the Skype for iOS app has been released today that brings support for Microsoft accounts and a number of other new features. You can now login to the app using Messenger, Hotmail, and Outlook.com and then just merge their accounts.
If you don’t already have a Skype account, you don’t have to use these accounts though. You can now set up a new Skype account right from the iOS app. In this version of Skype, it also allows you to edit instant messages that you’ve sent to your friends by tapping and holding individual messages.
Here’s the full list of updates you can expect to see:
- Chat with Messenger, Hotmail and Outlook.com contacts – sign in with and merge your Microsoft account.
- New to Skype? Create a new account right from the app.
- Tap and hold on instant messages to edit them.
- Choose an emoticon while typing an instant message.
- Animated emoticons for devices with a Retina display.
- Edit saved phone numbers right from the dial pad.
- Bug fixes.
- Included from previous version: Support for iPhone 5 display
Skype is a free download from the App Store, so just follow this link to get the newly updated Skype 4.2 for iPhone and iPad.