Skype’s long-awaited video chat has made it to iOS. Here are the features in the new version of the app:
- Make Skype to Skype video calls on WiFi and 3G*
- Call Skype desktop users (Mac OS X or Windows) and other iPhone users.
- Two-way video calls supported on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch 4th gen.
- Receive only video supported on iPad and iPod touch 3rd gen, with no camera.
- Make video calls in portrait and landscape.
Over 3G, video chat uses about three and a half MB/minute, similar to what FaceTime uses over 3G on a jailbroken device, according to 9 to 5 Mac.
Unlike Facetime, of course, Skype runs on every platform, including Windows. While I don’t personally use Skype often, I can see how mobile video chat is a great addition to the service.
Comments are closed.