Speaking of sports, ESPN has released a free universal iOS app that allows users to watch ESPN on their Apple devices.
Live streaming includes top events from the NBA regular season and playoffs, Major League Baseball, The Masters, US Open and The Open Championships, college football and basketball, Barclay’s Premier League, Spanish Primera Division and Euro 2012 Soccer.
With the Memphis Grizzlies looking like they’re going to make it in the playoffs, this app would land on my homescreen, at least for a few weeks.
However, there’s some fine print.
The app includes channels like ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU and ESPN3.com. To access the content, you need to be a customer of Time Warner Cable, Bright House Networks or Verizon FiOS TV.
Which is lame.
Here’s the full feature list:
Live streaming access to the top events from the ESPN family of networks, including:
- NBA Regular Season and Playoffs
- Major League Baseball
- The Masters, US Open and The Open Championships
- College Football and Basketball
- Barclay’s Premier League, Spanish Primera Division and Euro 2012 Soccer
- All 4 Grand Slam tennis events
- …and thousands more live events airing on the ESPN networks
Up-to-the-minute news, highlights and analysis with live streaming access to your favorite ESPN shows, including:
- Mike & Mike
- Baseball Tonight
- …and every other ESPN original show