Apple started off the week with a pretty large scale outage. There was a big story soon after about Tim Cook’s management style that ran the news cycle for a good part of the week. This is in the same week that we saw a beta update for Mavericks. Apple is putting more acquisition investment into Maps, with the purchase of transit mapping company, Embark. Finally, we saw the iWork for iCloud beta open to all users.
Our Features, Tips, and Funny Posts
- Apple TV Not Playing Movie Audio? Here’s How To Fix It
- Apple Updates iTunes Festival On Apple TV And iOS So You Can Watch From Home
- German Surgeons Completes First Liver Surgery Using Augmented Reality iPad App
- Apple Posts Mac Pro Promotional Video To YouTube
- Charge Your iPhone Neatly With The Trunk Charging Cable
Stories From Around the Web
Nomadic Matt explains why air fare is getting more expensive.
Brett Terpstra details a few good ways to work with outlines and mind maps on iOS, the web, and the Mac.
In honor of his upcoming retirement, Giga Om’s editors grade Steve Ballmer’s tenure as Microsoft CEO.
Laura Kusisto at the Wall Street Jounral looks at the businesses that keep typewriter companies in business.
Russell Brandom at the Verge explores how Silicon Valley has influenced Burning Man.