Though it was a Holiday week in the US and Canada, there was still some news trickling out. Apple set the date for their Q3 earnings call for 7/23/13. Apple also announced that they had (re)hired fashion exec Paul Deneve, which may point to the iWatch moving closer to a real product. OS X got a security update, so make sure you go run Software Update. Steve Jobs got an education memorial from the Dutch, who announced they were opening 11 schools focused on iPads, they termed this “Steve Jobs Learning.” The rumor front picked back up, with a report from South Korea, that Advanced LTE would be offered in the forthcoming iPhone 5s.
Our Features, Tips, and Funny Posts
- iOS 7 Impressions — From My Wife
- You Can Find Your Files Easier With Smart Folders
- This Is What The New Mac Pro Would Look Like If It Were Encased In Glass
- Check Out These Electromagnetic Fields Emitting From Your MacBook
- Travelers Will Love The Hand Graft Mighty Phone Fold Wallet
Stories From Around the Web
- Vine and the art of 6-second comedy
Every new social network needs a hook, is Vine’s comedy?
- Looking Back at Sega’s Home Debut
Jeremy Parish looks at the first Sega home system, ill fated to be crushed by NIntendo’s Famicom in Japan.
- The Top F2P Monetization Tricks
Sadly there’s a lot work in getting people to put the pay into Free to Play.
- Can scientists predict a suicide from Facebook statuses?
Yet more data derived from Facebook, this one might actual save some lives.
- The Challenge of Tailoring a More Cost-Effective Space Suit
DIY Space Suits could end up flying with NASA.