Enhanced Edition of Baldur’s Gate For Mac Out Tomorrow
The Enhanced Edition of Baldur’s Gate for Mac will be out and available for download tomorrow, February 22. Baldur’s Gate is a fantasy role-playing video game that involves mystery, intrigue and adventure.
Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition for PC was released at the end of November and was quickly followed by an iPad version in December. A new element of the game is the ability to play cross-platform cooperative multiplayer across PC, Mac and iPad. Sounds pretty cool. The makers of Baldur’s Gate, Overhaul Games, are also working on bringing the Enhanced Edition to Android devices.
The chief developer at Overhaul Games, Trent Oster, said: “The development of the Mac version of Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition has been a longer process than we had planned…We strove to create a high quality release for the Mac fans of the series and we feel proud of the current version and feel the extra development time was effort well spent.”
Other enhancements for the game include:
- New Adventure: The Black Pits
- New Character: Dorn Il;Khan
- New Character: Neera the Wild Mage
- New Character: Rasaad yn Bashir
- A new collection of player character voice sets
- Native support for high resolution widescreen displays
- New hand-painted player portraits
- Improved multiplayer support, with connectivity between all platforms
The game will cost a hefty $19.99US, and will be available for download from the Mac App Store.
Image Credit: OnlySP