iOS 6.1 Jailbreak Is Finally And Officially Here
The jailbreak is available for OS X, Windows, and Linux and requires an Apple device running iOS 6.1, which includes:
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 5
- iPad 2
- iPad 3rd generation
- iPad 4th generation
- iPad mini
- iPod touch 4th generation
- iPad touch 5th generation
- Apple TV 2nd generation
The jailbreak won’t work with the third-generation Apple TV because of the way the firmware is coded.
On the website, the evad3rs team makes a few suggestions and recommendations before trying to jailbreak your device:
- Backup your device using iTunes (or iCloud) before using evasi0n. If something breaks, you’ll always be able to recover your data.
- Please disable the lock passcode of your iOS device before using evasi0n. It can cause issues.
- Avoid all iOS and iTunes related tasks until evasi0n is complete. Why not just enjoy a brief break from the computer to stretch your legs.
- If the process gets stuck somewhere, it’s safe to restart the program, reboot the device (if necessary by holding down Power and Home until it shuts down), and rerun the process.
- If you get an error on OS X 10.8 saying that evasi0n can’t be opened, control-click (or right-click) the app and on the revealed context menu, choose ‘Open.’ On the ensuing dialogue box, choose ‘Open’ as well.
If things don’t go as planned, you have need to put the device in recovery mode, and Apple has an instructions for how to do this.
Image Credit: Cult of Mac