Pocket App Gets Updated, Adds New Features For Sharing, Reading, And Deleting
| Friday, February 1st, 2013
Pocket, previously known as Read it Later, has been updated to version 4.3, bringing new features for Facebook sharing in iOS 6. The app has increased font sizes for reading in the Article View and a shortcut to delete items right after you’re done with an article or video.
If you don’t already know, Pocket keeps articles, videos, or web pages in one spot so you can read it later, from your phone, tablet, or computer, without an Internet connection.
Here’s a full list of what you can expect to see in the updated version of Pocket:
- Share to Facebook and Sina Weibo using the account on your device (iOS 6 only)
- Delete articles directly while reading – just tap and hold the Archive button
- Jump all the way back to your list after opening links while reading – just tap and hold the Back button
- The Get Started tutorial is now available from Help at any time
- Sharing certain articles to Evernote no longer displays an error
- Evernote International users in China can now log in
- Saving to Evernote while offline no longer causes a crash
- Tweet Attribution will now appear while using Pocket offline
- Gap no longer appears below the last item in the list
- Other bug fixes, design refinements, and improvements
Pocket works with both iPhone and iPad and you can get it for free from the App Store.
Image Credit: Pocket Blog