Apple tends to not make a big deal out of spec changes, and today is no different. The entire catalog of MacBook Pros saw performance boosting spec changes rolled out this morning and no press release has been spotted.
9to5Mac reported last week that the price points will remain the same, and the rumor has come true with the release this morning of the updated specs.
All of the models are getting processor bumps, while some are also seeing increased storage and graphics power. Here is a break down of the most pertinent changes:
13-inch MacBook Pro:
- 2.3 GHz i5 bumped to 2.5 GHz
- 2.7 GHz i7 bumped to 2.8 GHz
- 320 GB Drive option bumped to 500GB
- 500 GB Drive option bumped to 750GB
15-inch MacBook Pro:
- 2.0 GHz i7 bumped to 2.2 GHz
- 2.2 GHz i7 bumped to 2.5 GHz
- AMD Radeon HD GFX card bumped from 256MB Ram to 512M and the 512MB bumped to 1GB
- 500 GB Hard drive option bumped to 750GB, stays at 7200RPM
MacBook Pro: Apple StoreFollow @macgasm