Now that the news has hit the holding pattern ahead of the annual iPad announcement, you would think that we’d be scraping the bottom of the barrel for coverage. That doesn’t seem to be the case, as the legal department still keeps our writers tethered to their keyboards. The Samsung patent battle is heading back to court to haggle over the damages in the suit, and Scott Forstall is listed as potential witness. That is, if Apple will let him out of this white walled prison cell in the basement. The iPad trademark was, finally, granted in Canada. Leaving the knock-offs to call themselves, Eh-Pads. The rumors of iPhones sitting in warehouses somewhere has been dispelled, as both the iPhone 5s and 5c are top sellers for all major carriers in the US. Many of those new iPhone 5S owners are likely frustrated by crashing apps, as they are twice as likely to crash on the 5s over the 5c. Cue the Apple is doomed stories, as Apple’s PC marketshare has dropped in the US.
Our Features, Tips, and Funny Posts
- The Only 5 Things You Should Expect From Apple’s Q4–2013 Financial Call This Month
- Foursquare Has Decided To Spam You Tips Since You Don’t Open The App Anymore
- Why Not Add This New Steve Jobs Action Figure To Your Collection
- Get A Sense For Apple’s Massive Spaceship Campus With This New Model
- South Korean Scammers Make $150,000 By Selling Clay iPhones
Stories From Around the Web
- Jim Henson Built a Muppet Computer for AT&T in 1963
Tested dug up an old video of a Muppet computer created by Jim Henson in 1963
- Merlin CEO: major labels are setting new music services up to fail
Janko Roettgers from Giga OM interviews Merlin CEO Charles Caldas about how the major labels are hurting subscription music through their licensing deals.
- Polemic: how readers will discover books in future
Sci-Fi author Charlie Stross imagines the future of publishing in the ebook age, and imagines what spam books are going to look like.
- Why US government IT fails so hard, so often
Sean Gallagher at Ars Technica investigates why the US Government is so bad at IT.
- 32 of the Most Popular Toys From the Last 145 Years
WIRED has a great gallery showing toys of various designs. It’s a really interesting look into the way that design and manufacturing has evolved.
Our Weekly Deals
- The SuperStacked Mac Bundle
- Lifetime Subscription To DropMind
- The STATION: A Bamboo Caddy For Everyday Living
- Seven Professionally Designed iOS 7 Templates
- The Air-Fi Runaway Headphone Collection