We here at Macgasm hope that you had a happy holiday, but that did mean that it was a shorter week. There was still plenty of Apple news in Asia. Taiwan fined apple $670K for its iPhone pricing. The China Mobile deal was finally official this week, sending Apple stocks up in reaction. The Chinese App store Taig caused some controversy this week, when it was shown to have pirated apps. Causing jailbreakers Evasi0n to remove it from their jailbreak.
Our Features, Tips, and Funny Posts
- New Apple Patent Hints At How Siri May Someday Tag Your Photos
- You Can Surf The Web Beautifully From Your Apple TV With This App
- Good News! You Can Swap Out The CPU On The New Mac Pros
Stories From Around the Web
- A Second Christmas Morning: The Console Living Room | The internet archive has a variety of classic games you can play online.
- Looking back: The story of Year Walk | Polygon explores the creation of one of the more innovative iPad games from this year.
- How Y’all, Youse and You Guys Talk | The New York Times has an interactive quiz that guess your region based on your vernacular.
Our Weekly Deals
- The Digital Artist Mac Bundle by Smith Micro Software
- The iOS 7 App Developer Icon Pack
- Master Keynote Presentations