The rumor mill is aflame with pointless speculation after Apple announced they bought Primesense, the designers behind the first Kinect. There’s lots of bytes out there being wasted speculating about TV’s, watches, and game consoles. Apple’s legal department was back in the ring this week. In Brazil the company is being questioned about charging Brazillians in US Dollars. Apple filed a formal objection to the fees charged by the DOJ appointed compliance monitor in the fallout of the ebooks case, complaining that the lawyer was charging outrages fees. Black Friday brought the beginning of the holiday shopping season, Wal Mart reported some favorable news for Apple. When it comes time to install Apps on those iPads, they will be greeted by improved App Store searches.
Our Features, Tips, and Funny Posts
- Black Friday, Cyber Monday Deal Extrazaganza!
- Check Out This Stop-Motion Tribute To Steve Jobs
- Tip: Find Your Videos Quickly In iPhoto
- Robots. iPhones. iDiot Culture. Need We Say More?
- What Photo Stream Isn’t: Trying To Get To The Bottom Of It
Stories From Around the Web
- Awesome Stuff: Stuff You Didn’t Know You Need | Mike Masnick on Techdirt finds the worst of Kickstarter.
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Kurt Andersen at Vanity Fair investigates the idea that Camera Obscura use could explain photo realistic paintings in the 1600’s.
- 5 Beloved Traditions Invented to Make You Buy Stuff | Rebecca Zerzan at Mental Floss reveals the commercial origins of Holiday traditions.
- From hell: a look at John Carmack’s incredible and influential games | The Verge looks back at the biggest hits of John Carmack’s tenure at ID Software.
- 3D printers find a home in Hollywood, cranking out props | Patrick Budmar at Techhive investigates the use of 3D printing in prop master shops.