Now that Apple event season is over, the actual news revolves around gauging the success of Apple’s new software and hardware. The new revisions in UI made iOS 7 a bigger than normal risk. Apple revealed the adoptions rates of iOS 7, showing a nearly 75% adoption rate. Now the real question is how many of those 75% bitched on Twitter after their update. The iBeacon system got some renewed support from Apple, as the company has installed the system in all their retail stores. Apple went on the offensive in the patent war, as they were granted 48 new patents. Combined with Apple’s demand for Samsung to pay their legal fees to the tune of $16 Million, you can guarantee that we’ll be having to listen to the armchair lawyers for the years to come. Tim Cook has been stuck with his own trollish speculator, as activist shareholder Carl Ichan demanded a vote to force a stock buyback.
Our Features, Tips, and Funny Posts
- This iPad Finger-Painting Of Morgan Freeman Is Insanely Realistic
- And Now, Tom Hanks Stealing An iPad, Pretending Nothing Happened
- Had Scott Forstall Been Named Apple’s CEO, iOS 7 Might Look Like This…
- Accessibility Is The Key To Unlocking Apple’s Future Potential
- Pretty Soon Apple’s Touch ID Will Lock You Out Of Your Phone
Stories From Around the Web
- No Girls Allowed | Tracey Lien at Polygon examines how the video game industry created its own demographic problem.
- Study shows removing DRM increased music sales | Cory Doctorow at Boing Boing finds a study that shows removing DRM increases overall sales of music.
- Kyle Kinane Vs. Pace Salsa Is Really About Failed Product Language And Design | A hoax played on Kyle Kinane leads Baratunde Thurston to wonder about the Twittter “favorite” and what it means.
- Dropping the needle: the life and death of Turntable.fm | Casey Newton at The Verge explores the fall of Turntable.fm.
- Launch code for US nukes was 00000000 for 20 years | Sometimes miltary and government info security can be scary, but this one might be the scariest.