We finally got the date for Apple’s next event, which is supposed to show off new Macs and iPads. The other big Apple story this week is that Apple has a new retail chief recruited from Burberry. Apple expanded its iPhone trade-in program to the UK this week. In the continuing process of Apple’s e-book suit with the DOJ, a judge was appointed to watch the iBook store this week. The final plans for Apple’s new “spaceship” campus were approved by Cupertino’s City Council.
Our Features, Tips, and Funny Posts
- Get Ready For The Upcoming iPad Event With This iPad Wallpaper
- Safely Navigate The City On Your Bicycle With The Hammerhead
- First iPhone 5S Print Ad Appears In The Wild
- Amazon Instant Video App Gets Updated To Support Multitasking During AirPlay
- Tim Cook Sued Over Automated iOS 7 Updates
Stories From Around the Web
- The Rapid Advance of Artificial IntelligenceJohn Markoff covers recent advances in AI for the New York Times.
- Everybody Knows You’re a Dog
Glenn Fleishman on Boing Boing details the changing nature of anonymity on the Internet.
- Ubuntu launches on mobile – but without some key elementsDavid Meyer covers the troubled launch of Ubuntu for mobile devices on Giga Om.
- Neil Gaiman: Why our future depends on libraries, reading and daydreamingNeil Gaiman makes the case for libraries.
- Pixar and VR: Developers discuss the future of games at the Gaming Insiders SummitAlex Wawro at PC World covers game developer’s discussions about the future of the game industry at the Gaming Insider Summit.