So that was quite a week. Considering the events in Boston, it is hard to treat any of this like real news, however Apple news can provide an fair amount of escapism, especially when even tech blogs are dominated by endless coverage of the bombing. Rumors dominated the bulk of the stories this week.
Foxconn is reportedly hiring more workers to meet the upcoming demand for the iPhone 5S. The upcoming iPad was mentioned in rumors that case manufacturers were starting to ramp up ahead of a summer announcement. The rumor of a low-cost iPhone continued when an alleged case was revealed. Rumors we’re not the only stories. Siri was shown to keep an anonymized log of all your queries for two years, and as of late it seems that it wouldn’t be a complete week without an iCould outage.
Our Features, Tips, and Funny Posts
- Relive The 8-Bit Days With This iPhone Case
- Keep Your MagSafe 2 Adapter Safe With This Key Chain
- The Evolution Of Game Controllers – A Poster
- Carmel La Playa Hotel Lifts 30 Year Apple Employee Ban Due To… Skinny Dipping?
- New iPhone App, Panty Combo Lets You ‘Touch’ People Remotely From iPhone
Stories From Around the Web
- What is probabilistic programming? An article from O’Reilly Radar on a new class of high level languages for predictive modeling.
- Retargeting in Digital Advertising Can Backfire: an examination of the performance of targeted ads in the MIT Technology Review.
- Rule #1: Don’t Be A Profiteering Asshole: In his usual acerbic manner, MG Siegler takes on tech blogs treating the Boston bombings as another chance for page views.
- Inside Hasbro’s Transformers Toy Design Studio. A real behind the scenes look at how new Transformers are designed.
- Fox Censors Cory Doctorow’s “Homeland” Novel From Google. Fox proves Cory Doctorow right.
Our Weekly Deals
- The Name Your Own Price Mac Bundle 2.0
- Learn the Secrets to Using Your iPhone & iPad
- The Ultimate WordPress Starter Kit
- Create Amazing Sliders For Your WordPress Site
- The Name Your Own Price Designer Bundle