Rar seems to be taking over the compression space for many people, and since I get some super satisfaction from using the command line to do things like these I thought I’d point out these command line application that lets you rar files
- Figure out your $PATH… type echo $PATH into the terminal.app
- Download the program here
- Navigate to the proper file location
- copy the files to your $PATH location. You’ll need to be able to access super user permissions. So make sure you’re in that mode.
- Now you can rar files from the command line. Go get your geek on.