Did you know that you can speed up the playback speed on your iPhone? That’s right, you can play your podcasts at both 1.5x and 2.0x speeds. It takes a bit getting used to, but there’s nothing better than cutting down that 2 hour podcast into a fraction of the time commitment. I mean I love podcasts and all but 2 hours… really?
It took me a while to figure out (had to chat with Grant about it), but I managed to track down the settings. Here’s the steps:
- Start the podcast like you normally would,
- Leave the album up on the screen,
- Tap the album art once and a new overlay should pop up,
- A mail icon, a rewind icon, and a playback speed icon,
- You can now choose between 1, 1.5, and 2.0x speeds.
There ya go! Save some time, listen to your podcast’s in chimpunk voices.