Apple Music has launched. Your Sonos system is currently sitting there collecting dust while Zane Lowe is spinning those black circles like a man on fire. You don’t have to be left out of the party. After all, you want to be part of this 24/7, worldwide stream of music goodness.
Here’s how you can get Apple Music pumping over your Sonos System with AirPlay.
- Plug your Airport Express audio port into the Sonos Connect with an RCA (male) to 1/4 Inch Audio Cable (male).
- Open Airport Utility, and configure the Airport Express so you can connect to the system over AirPlay from iOS or OS X.
- Open your Sonos application, and make sure your Sonos Connect is online, and accessible (Connect Manual).
- Group your speakers with your Sonos Connect.
- To group using iOS, bring up the Rooms screen by touching the Room name at the top of your screen.
- On the Rooms screen, touch ‘Group’ on the Room you wish to group with, and make sure you’ve selected your Connect as one of the “rooms”.
- Check the boxes on the speakers (or rooms) you wish to group, then tap ‘done’.
- Open the Apple Music app on your iPhone / iPad.
- Pick the music you want to listen to, or the Beats One stream.
- Click the AirPlay icon next to the audio timeline, and select your newly named AirPort Express connection.
Boom. Apple Music streaming over your Sonos system.