Spammers. Spammers EVERWHERE be calling my iPhone trying to get me to do everything from switching out my furnace to buying a new credit card transaction machine. I don’t, nor will I ever, need those things. Did you know you can block spammers on your iPhone if you’re running iOS 7?
Block people in your Phone app:
- Open the Phone app or FaceTime,
- Click on Contacts,
- Search for the person who annoys you with non-stop calls instead of sending text messages and click their name.
- Scroll to the end of their contact listing and tap the “Block this Caller” button.
- Click “Block Contact” in the window that pops up to confirm blockage.
There you go. You’ll never be interrupted by a phone call or FaceTime call from the person you just blocked again. My block is long and plentiful, but I also don’t get pestered during dinner with my family any more, so I’m happy with my decision to block all the assholes.
Update: Block Unlisted, Or Contact-less Numbers
- Open the Phone App
- Click Recents
- Click on the “i” icon on the number you want to block
- Scroll down to the bottom and click “Block this Caller”