Though there are always naysayers for every Apple hardware releases, I think we can all agree that the reintroduction of the iPad 4 and 8 GB iPhone 5C isn’t anything to get excited about. The Apple TV got a quiet update this week for March Madness. Taking Apple trolling to a new level, former Wall Street Journal reporter Yukari Iwatani Kane released her book Haunted Empire, prompting even Tim Cook to call it bullshit. Fortune actually called Tim Cook the 33rd greatest leader in the world. Pretty good for a guy living in a “haunted” shadow. His placement might be tied to Apple being named the most valuable brand in the U.S. Though it wasn’t all good news, as the first Apple reseller, FirstTech, closed this week.
Our Features, Tips, and Funny Posts
- How To Get Traffic Reports In Maps For OS X
- It’s Time. Move Your Accounts To LastPass.
- Jimmy Fallon And Billy Joel Create Beautiful Music With An iPad And Loopy HD
- Here’s How To Place Folders Inside Of Other Folders In iOS 7.1
Stories From Around the Web
- The Ecto–1, Mach V, KITT and More, Drawn as Transformers | io9 has a cool selection of classic pop culture cars redone as Transformers.
- The First Org Chart Ever Made Is a Masterpiece of Data Design | Next time you get a boring Visio chart at work, send the designer this vintage org chart.
- Crafting link underlines on Medium | Medium’s designer talks about getting the little details right.
- Nirvana and Kurt Cobain: An Oral History | GQ interviews a huge array of people to create an oral history of Nirvana’s Nevermind.
- New Social App Has Juicy Posts, All Anonymous | New York Times writes up Secret, the Internet equivalent to a slam book.
Our Weekly Deals
- The Griffin Twenty: Easily Make Your Favorite Speakers Airplay-Compatible
- Master Modeling & Animation Skills w/ 3DS Max Tutorial
- Keep Everyone Energized w/ The PowerShare Charging Bundle
- The Name Your Own Price Learn To Code Bundle
- Pixel Perfect Icons For Your Best Designs