The day Visualhub died, I was deeply saddened. Â A great indie developer was pulling the plug on an excellent product. Â I’ve spent a lot of time scouring the internet for an application that could replace it. Â Nothing really filled the shoes of Visualhub. Â It was one of those things that your mother talked to you about as a kid–it’s hard to fill a great application’s shoes, and you never know what you’ve got until it’s gone (two for one deal on cliche). Â We talked yesterday about ripping videos on our podcast and today I found an interesting alternative that boasts some pretty bold claims. Â It’s called ‘Road Movie‘, and it acts a lot like Visualhub. Â You drag video into it, and you convert away. Â You can get it from the bitfield groups site.
It has an amazing feature set, and looks like it could be a real replacement for Visualhub, and it has a pretty sleek interface.
- Add/Edit Metadata
- Smart Metadata by parsing the filename.
- Add/Edit Chapters
- Tracks Inspector
- Batch encoding
- Supports Elgato Turbo.264
- Built-in encoder Presets
- Presets for Apple TV, Cellphone, iPhone, iPod, PSP and Web and more…
- Presets for PS3 and Nintendo Wii (NEW!!!)
- Customize your own set of Presets
- Upload to FTP, SFTP, .Mac, WebDav or Amazon S3
- YouTube uploading
- Automatically add to iTunes
- Create and manage Destinations
- iDisk support in one click
- Built for 10.5 Leopard