Mac OS X has 75 million as of 2009. There were only 25 Million in 2007.
- New 15″ MBP, unibody design.
- 7 Hour battery life (supposedly).
- 5 years of use before seeing diminished battery life.
- Recycling options available at the Apple store, if it does need to be replaced.
- Over 1000 charge cycles, up from the 300 previously.
- SD Card Slot. No Express Card Slot anymore.
- Up To 8GB of 1066MHz DDR3 RAM.
- 60% color gamut increase.
- New starting price of $1699.
- 3.06 Dual Core CPU, 500 GB 7200 RPM or 256 SSD
- Highest End is 2.8GHZ, 500GB HDD, 9400M + 9600GT at $2299.
- 17″ also updated, shipping today. Retains Express card slot.
- 13″ updated, new display, SD Card slot and battery battery life.
- FW800 and SD Card Slot. Now Also called ‘Macbook Pro’.
- $1199 to $1499 in standard configurations.
- 13″ Macbook pro shipping today.
- New Macbook Air, price drop to $1499 up to 2.13GHz CPU.
- All of them meet EP gold and energy star v5 standards, greenest lineup yet.
OS X : Snow Leopard
- Best OS Written for vast majority of consumers. Sharp contrast to vista. Windows 7 introduces even more complexity, Same issues, registry, DLLs, defragmentation.
- Lots of new technologies in Snow Leopard, lots of refinement, exchange support. 90% of the OS was refined.
- Finder was re-written in cocoa, with tons of extra features.
- New Dock, with Expose built in. 45% faster installation of the OS, recover 6GB of space of disk space after upgrading from leopard.
- Preview now 2X faster, better text selection in PDF, better chinese text input, uses trackpad to draw characters.
- Mail up to 2.3x faster, safari 4 features top sites, final version released today on all platforms.
- Leopard, tiger, and Windows.
- Passes Acid3 test with 100%.
Cover-flow view of browser history.
Full spotlight search of browser history, full text.
- Quicktime hardware accelerated, new streaming method that works with any web server.
- Brand new interface, content is the focus.
- Trim and share video using a visual timeline select the part of the video you want. Directly shared with Youtube, Mobile me, or iTunes.
- Stack handle lots of content better, scrolling drilling into folders.
- Magnify thumbnails on the fly, can step through multi-page documents and plays videos through Finder.
- Click and hold on a dock icon and expose shows all of the windows. Can work within a window without closing Expose.
- Can drag a file on any icon, and expose will allow you to choose which
- particular window you want to drag it to.
- Snow Leopard shipping in September, $29 for the upgrade.
- 64-bit, if it runs in 32-bit mode, it has a limit of 4GB. All major system apps run in 64-bit.
- 16 million gigabytes of Memory is the limit.
- Grand Central Station gives full granular control.
- Allows processing support by using the GPU instead of the CPU. Video cards can be much faster than traditional CPUs. With the capacity of 1 teraflop power.
- Mail, iCal and Address Book all support Microsoft Exchange.
- Auto-discovery of Exchange servers, all email/folders/to-do lists are automatically populated, spotlight immediately searches all data. Quick looks let you preview Office documents through mail, even if Office isn’t installed.
- Event invitations can be accepted / denied right through mail, Ical and address books automatically have all data once mail is setup.
- Contacts can be created by dragging and dropping contacts.
- Supports resources allocation, people’s schedules, room availability.
- Requires MS Exchange 2007 or later.
- Boxed Version is $129.
- Upgrade is $29, $49 for Family pack. Near-final developer preview available today.
- 50,000 applications in the App store.
- Free SDK has been downloaded more than a million times.
- 40 Million of iPhone OS Devices have been sold.
- iPhone OS 3.0, major update to the firmware, 100 new features.
- ‘Find My Phone’. Only available to Mobile me subscribers. Will show on the Map where it is. Alert sound will play regardless of silent mode.
- If your phone really is lost, remotely delete all the data. Restore from backup will allow you to get back all of your data.
- OS Update will be free for all iPhone Customers, original iPhone and iPhone 3G. $9.95 for iPod Touch customers. Will be available June 17th.
- Two thirds of all mobile browsing happens on an apple mobile device.
- Most powerful and fastest iPhone. Same Great design.
- Game developers get better speed.
- HSDPA for 7.2Mbps.
- New camera built-in. 3.0 Megapixel autofocus camera. Auto, exposure, auto light balance. Touch to focus. Auto Macro lens too, improved light sensitivity. Photos can be taken as close as 10CM.
- Video on the iPhone. Switch on the bottom and allows Video or still photos. 30 frames a second VGA 640×480 with auto-focus.
- You can also share the videos from your iphone using a share button (email, MMS, MobileMe, and to Youtube).
- Videos are shown right alongside the photos in your library app on the phone. You can also edit the videos (trimming).
- API for Video capturing for Developers.
- Voice Control. Includes Voice Dialing anywhere in any application.Hold down the home button for a few seconds. A dialog box will appear.
- Voice control of iPod.app, “Play all songs by the Killers”.
- Control Genius, “play more songs like this”. “What’s playing now”.
- Built-in Digital Compass. Compass.app Longitude, latitude, See where you are. Integrates with Maps.app and will orient which way you are going. Built-in API for the compass.
- Accessibility is now built in as well.
- Nike+ support built in as well.
- Hardware encryption now built-in, great for businesses.
- Battery life is now better. 9 Hours of internet surfing, 10 hours of video playback, 12 hours of 2G talk time, 3 hours for 3G talk time.
- Most environmentally friendly phone. Arsenic free, mercury free LCD.
- Packaging 23% smaller.
- Available June 19th. For $199 for 16GB, $299 for 32GB. Black and White. 3G version will be $99 8GB version. iPhone 3G price starts Today.
Overall the Keynote was a two-hour extravaganza of new Macs, Snow Leopard, new iPhone OS 3.0, and iPhone 3GS.