When you first buy your iPhone, you’ll find it comes ready with a handful of Apple developed apps pre-installed, many which you may never use. If you find it annoying having to constantly see the icons for those apps, perhaps you should try out this solution to get rid of them.
It’s a bit of a tricky fix, seeing as how it takes advantage of a glitch in iOS 7, but if you really want to get rid of those unwanted app icons you should be able to master this technique pretty quickly. Here are the steps:
1. Put all the unwanted apps into a folder (X)
2. Fill up the first page of the home screen completely (except for the dock) with every other app on your iDevice … Make sure there is at least one folder where the first page is full of apps
3. Move the X folder to the dock
4. Hold the X folder down and just before the apps start to shake quickly double tap the home button …If done correctly the multitasking view should come up and all apps/folders should be shaking except for the X folder
5. Click back to the home screen … You should see the X folder bigger than usual and the apps/folders still shaking
6. Click the folder on the home screen where the first page of apps is full
7. Click out of the folder but do not click the home button
8. When back to the home screen click the home button and poof it’s gone
The apps will continue to be invisible until the next time you fully power down your phone. Don’t worry, you’ll still be able to use the hidden apps if you search for them.