Since its release last Friday, the Absinthe 2.0 jailbreak for iOS 5.1.1 has been downloaded a whopping 1.2 million times in just a couple of short holiday weekend days. The Chronic Dev Team released some stats on Twitter yesterday stating “Some stats since release of #Absinthe – 211,401 jailbroken iPad3’s and 973,086 devices newly jailbroken! #JBFTW ! ;D”
All iOS devices, with the exception of the latest iPad 2 using the 32nm A5 Chip, are able to jailbreak using this latest version of Greenpois0n Absinthe 2.0. Support for the version 2,4 iPad will be added at a later date.
So, want to jailbreak? Here are the six steps required to roam free and wild on your iOS devices:
- Backup your device in iTunes: Right Click Devices > Back Up
- Click on your device, go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Contenet And Settings
- Open Absinthe and make sure your iOS device is connected to your computer
- Click the Jailbreak button and wait
- Boom. Done. Now head back to iTunes, and click the Restore from Back Up. This will put all the old content back on your phone.