Put down that cocktail — Handbrake 0.9.5 was released on Monday! This new release adds presets for iPhone 4, iPad, and second generation Apple TV. It also adds the ability to edit queued jobs, support for SSA subtitles and some other goodies. Check out the presets below:
I couldn’t get the update just by using the Handbreak > Check for updates menu, so I think you’ll have to go to their site and download the files directly.
It is available as both 32-bit and 64-bit for OSX 10.5 and 10.6 on Intel Macs but the PPC support isn’t included with this newer version. You can still get and keep the PPC version though.
The release notes include the following information:
- BluRay disc structure support (No decryption support)
- Updated Libraries (x264, ffmpeg)
- SSA Subtitle support (Including burn-in)
- MP3 audio now supported in MP4 files (Note: Limited Player compatibility)
- VOBSUB subtitle now supported in MP4 files (Note: Limited Player compatibility)
- Updated Presets for newer devices and better quality
- AC3 encoding support
- Many Bug Fixes and other small improvements
- Improved DVD Main Feature detection (when using dvdnav)
- Universal audio downmix support (all audio types can be downmixed)
- Poin-to-Point encoding (second or frame start and end times)
- Peak framerate option (Capped VFR)
- Updated x264 Advanced Panel
- Video Quality Slider drops % value and only shows RF for x264
- Batch Scan (Scan Multiple files at once. N.B: Does not include multiple VIDEO_TS folders / Image files)
- Many Bug fixes
- Many Tweaks to improve usability
- Ability to edit queue jobs
- New Audio Panel supporting >4 Audio Tracks
- VLC detection in /Applications and ~/Applications
- Multiple instance support
Looks like an already impressive application just got even better!
Article Via Macworld
Comments are closed.