WordPress is a website where you can create and manage your own blog. With the WordPress iOS app, users can easily manage any WordPress blog from an iOS device, by managing comments, creating and editing posts and pages, viewing stats, and adding images or videos. The iOS app has now received a major update and is brought to version 3.1.
The app has been completely redesigned, using a new sliding pane interface. It also includes a new way for signing up for a WordPress account for first time users, a new icon, WordPress.com friend finding, and updated colors and graphics.
Version 3.1 includes:
- Major UI Refresh, including a new sidebar menu for quick navigation, sliding panels on the iPad for greatly improved navigation and ease of use, updated colors and graphics, improved sign up experience, and a new app icon
- Support for Post Formats
- WordPress.com Reader and Quick Photo added for the iPad.
- New Simple post preview feature for the iPad
- All-new WordPress.com stats
- New WordPress.com Friend Finder feature helps you find your friends blogging on WordPress.com
- Landscape orientation support throughout the app
- Easy access to your site — view it and access the web dashboard right from the app
- Last but not least — many reliability improvements and performance tweaks.
If you don’t already have the WordPress app you should definitely consider getting it to help manage your blog, especially considering the app is free.