Wouldn’t it be nice if your iPhone could move by itself. Maybe you could teach it to go get you a cold one? Heck, given enough time and lubricated silicone… Well, there are many possibilities. The good folks at OLogic have developed a modular platform designed to turn your iPhone into the brain of your very own robot. It’s called Oddwerx.
This Kickstarter project is designed to get the tools for making your very own iPhone robot to the masses. Use the provided apps and modules, or create your own. This really is designed for people with any amount of experience in robotics. If you’ve never done anything like this before, you can buy a pre-assembled version of the kit for $199 USD. If you’re a little more experimental, you can get an unassembled kit for just $99 USD.
To be completely funded, this project is going to need $66,000 USD by April 26th — 29 days away. As of publication, they have already raised over $2,000 of their goal. If you want your very own iPhone robot, and you want to support these fellow dorks, all you need is an Amazon account and a US credit or debit card. Get to gettin’!If you’re interested in knowing more about what you can do with this platform, check out the features:
[quote] • Modular – Tracks and Wheels with interchangeable parts
• Multi-Platform – Works with both iPhone and Android phones
• Small Size – Small enough to fit in a big pocket
• No wires required – Uses Bluetooth wireless to talk to the robot.
• Bi-Directional Data Communication – Since we use Bluetooth, we can read sensors on the robot and issue commands too
• Extendable – Lots of sensors and accessories coming soon
• Hackable – You can make your own sensors, or plastic accessories
• Developer Library – (more info below)
• Support for Open Source and Advanced R&D Robotics[/quote]
Comments are closed.