Cultured Code, the company behind Things, has updated the popular task manager to version 2.0 and it includes long-awaited Cloud syncing. Things 2.0 is a multiplatform app, available for iPhone/iPod touch, iPad, and Mac, and each version comes with a whole host of new features.
Things 2.0 for iPhone/iPod touch and iPad new features:
- Things Cloud automatically stores and syncs to-dos across devices and keeps them up-to-date. Just go to Things’ Settings and turn on Things Cloud.
- Daily Reviews helps you prioritize tasks by reviewing scheduled to-dos at the top of the list and deciding which ones to do today and which ones to postpone.
- A scrolling Date Picker makes picking dates easier by combining months into a continuous stream instead of splitting the calendar into months.
And there’s even more!
- A refreshing new look (iPhone/iPod touch only)
- Option of cancelling to-dos
- Log immediately — completed to-dos can be moved automatically to the Logbook
- Projects in Today adds whole projects to Today instead of just single to-dos
- First Day of the Week can be chosen independently of device’s default settings
- Calendar weeks — if you rely on numbered calendar weeks just rotate the new date picker to landscape orientation (iPhone/iPod touch only)
- Accessibility is improved when using VoiceOver
- A new engine for fast Things Cloud performance
Things 2.0 for Mac new features:
- Things Cloud — keep to-dos up-to-date across all devices (iOS device apps sold separately)
- Daily Reviews keeps important to-dos at the top of your Today list but can be easily reviewed to pick ones to do today and ones to postpone
- Compatible with Mountain Lion
- Re-energized core for fast Things Cloud performance
- Retina-ready for the new MacBook Pro
Go to the App Store for more details on each of the updates released for Things 2.0. Follow the links below to purchase Things for your device: $9.99 for the iPhone/iPod touch, $19.99 for the iPad, and $49.95 for Mac. There is also a free trial for Things for Mac from Cultured Code’s website.