The Transit App has been updated to version 2.0 and is going completely free. The Transit App will get you where you need to go by providing information on the next departure time for all public transit in your city. The only catch is that it only works in 37 cities across the U.S.
Not only does today’s update make the app completely free, but version 2.0 also brings some new features, including:
- Real-time vehicle locations where available
- New Transit Modes setting let you disable particular modes with a transit agency
- Autocomplete suggestions now include recent locations
- New sorting order in Nearby mode taking into account departure time, mode (subway vs. bus), distance and favorites
- Improved schedule popover (long tap on right side of nearby routes cell)
- Offset your location from any stop on an itinerary path
- Tons of big fixes and performance improvements
Previously, the free app would get your three nearby schedules in real-time, trip planning, and if you wanted to access more you could purchase a subscription that would get you route schedules in a 1.5km radius, unlimited trip planning, offline schedules and itineraries, favorites, and downloadable city bundles. A subscription would cost $0.99 for a month, $2.99 for six months, or $4.99 for a year. But, now you can get access to all of these features and it won’t cost you a penny.
The new and improved, and completely 100% free app, is available for download in the App Store.
Image Credit: MobileSyrup