Gameloft has just released N.O.V.A 2 for the iPhone and iPod touch just in time to mess with our Top 10 iOS games of 2010 article. Currently N.O.V.A 1 sits in the 9th spot on our list. Like we pointed out in the Top 10 article, N.O.V.A. is pretty much Halo for iOS, and it’s done extremely well keeping with that theme.
N.O.V.A 2 continues the story, six years in the future. Updates to the sequel include:
- Meet new enemies with improved AI! Volterites’ new tactics make the gyroscope controls ideal
- Master a larger range of weapons & powers
- Much more diversified gameplay: run, shoot, fall, drive a motorbike, pilot a giant mech, and blast a laser
- The more, the merrier, now with up to 10 players in 10 multiplayer maps
- Build a career and rise through the multiplayer leaderboard
- Explore new locations, offering amazing graphics, fully optimized for the Retina display
- Enjoyed the first N.O.V.A. – Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance? Be rewarded with extra bonuses.
Interestingly, Gameloft has the first N.O.V.A up for free on the App Store. It looks to have been that way for a while, but it’s a pretty smart move on their part. If Gameloft’s intention was to make the first version free so people buy the second version, kudos to them. Gameloft’s eliminated a barrier to entry for the second game. You can now get up to speed for free by playing N.O.V.A 1 at no additional cost.