There’s a new Google+ update available for iOS and Android. The update brings new features and improvements to both devices. A few changes have been made to the user interface and the ability to re-share posts to communities has been added, as well as a number of other features.
iOS users also get a number of Snapseed filters that allow photos to be enhanced before posting them. The update seems to focus more on Google+ for iOS. On top of the added photo editing features, like the Snapseed filters, the iOS app update also brings a new profile design, a new notifications tray, an improved setup flow for new users, and the ability to control the volume of posts in your stream.
Here’s the full list of improvements that you can see in the Google+ update for iOS:
- New photo editing features: add filters, rotate, and crop
- New profile design
- New notifications tray
- New set-up flow for new users
- Control the volume of posts that you see in your stream from individual circles/communities
- Filter search results by best or most recent
- Tell your friends about a community (by sharing it or sending an invitation)
- Re-share posts to communities
- Display counts for unread messages in your communities
- Additional community moderation features
Android users will see most of the same updates, except for the photo editing options. One thing that Android users get that iOS users don’t, though, is the ability to share your current location right on your profile. If you decide to share your location, you can control who sees it in the settings menu.
Google+ is a free download from the App Store and the update is available now.