Gameloft (bless their hearts) have let it be known that their Back to School sale is almost done, so if you wanna get your hands on some great iOS games for $0.99, you had better act soon. There’s no word in the blog post about when the sale is over, but my guess is that you probably won’t see it around for too many more days. After all, they have to start their “Thanksgiving” sale pretty soon, don’t they?
Gameloft has a nice, tidy list of games for iPhone and iPad that you can pick up from the App Store right now:
• N.O.V.A. 2 Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance for iPhone and iPad
• BackStab for iPhone and iPad
• Silent Ops for iPhone and iPad
• Fast Five the Movie: Official Game for iPhone and iPad
• Dungeon Hunter 2 for iPhone and iPad
• NFL 2011 for iPhone and iPad
• Splinter Cell Conviction for iPhone and iPad
• Rayman 2: The Great Escape for iPhone
• Asphalt 6: Adrenaline for iPhone
You’ll notice that a lot of Gameloft games bear a striking resemblance to popular console and PC games (I defy you to play N.O.V.A. without whistling the Halo theme), and it’s been a somewhat controversial trend… probably because their ripoffs are, arguably, quite good. Have you seen a better Diablo ripoff for iOS than Dungeon Hunter? I haven’t. I do find it interesting and a bit funny that selling video games can be considered fodder for a good “Back to School” sale, but… heck… if I had to do school all over again, I’d probably be busting some Rayman 2 during the boring parts.