With Facebook’s messaging app getting an update, other IM services such as WhatsApp and Kik need to kik (see what I did there?) it into high gear if they want to remain competitive with Facebook.
Facebook 1.8 has a lot of new features that make the app easier and more appealing to use, such as a new online buddy list and revamped push notifications.
Other new features and improvements in Facebook 1.8 include:
- Quickly switch between multiple conversations with in-app notifications
- Include friends of friends in conversations
- Swipe to delete individual messages from conversations
- See who’s available when you start a new conversation
- Share bigger photos, tap for full screen and pinch to zoom
- Faster app loading, navigating and sending
- More-reliable push notifications
- Bug fixes
The biggest reason that the Facebook messaging app is more successful than other IM platforms is that it has around a billion active members since it integrates the chat client with its social media platform, something that other cross-device IM services are lacking.
Those who are interested in getting the new Facebook messenger can check it out or download it from the App Store for free.
Source: App Store via ModMyi
Image Credit: NDTV Gadgets
Comments are closed.