Apple has finally taken additional steps to cutting the cord between the iPhone and iPad and iTunes. iOS 5 will pack the following features:
- A new on-phone Welcome screen for activation (no more “Connect to iTunes”
- OTA software updates
- Said updates are now delta updates — gone are the days of downloading a whole iOS build. Now, users will just download the changes.
- Calendars can be added and deleted on-device
- Email folders can also be added and deleted on-device
- “iTunes Wi-Fi Syncing” showed up on a later slide… but no details yet.
Apple did not mention media syncing or backups during this part of the keynote. Perhaps in the iCloud section…
Photo Credit: This is my next…