Let the rumors be put to rest—the all new iPad 2 is real and it is glorious. Apple didn’t just give us a tiny speed bump. They completely redesigned the iPad from the ground up. Thinner, faster, lighter, and even some color options. All this fanciness and it retains its kick ass battery life.
iPad 2 Specs
- All new design
- 1GHz dual-core A5 chip.
- CPU is up to 2X faster then the previous model
- Graphics are 9X faster
- The A5 is still as low powered as the A4 so it won’t kill that battery life
- As the rumors predicted, it has dual cameras for video
- Back Camera: Video, HD (720p) with audio; still camera with 5x digital zoom
- Front camera: Video, VGA up to 30 frames per second with audio; VGA-quality still camera
- Built in Three-axis Gyroscope
- Thinner—4.6mm was shaved off; it’s thinner than the iPhone 4
- Lighter—0.2 pounds less
- Shipping in two colors on the front bezel—Black and Magical Unicorn White
- 3G available on Verizon and AT&T in both black and white for both carriers
HDMI mirrored video output
- Up to 1080p
- Works with all apps
- Supports rotation
- No setup or configuration
- Charge your iPad while using it
- The HDMI cable is $39
All for the same prices as the previous models. Starting at $499 for 16GB Wi-Fi only model to $829 for the 64GB 3G model. Shipping starts on March 11th then to 26 more countries on March 25th. Unfortunately it doesn’t look like you’ll be able to pre-order it.
So what do you think? Is it enough to buy a new one if you already own one? Let us know in the comments.
Article Via Engadget
Comments are closed.