Bloomberg launched its Bloomberg TV+ app for the iPad today, which allows users to stream Bloomberg TV live to their iPads, as well as watching special featured videos, shows on demand, and it even features an interactive ticker along the bottom. Users can also create a playlist of videos from all of Bloomberg TV’s offerings, and those videos can be automatically downloaded to the iPad for offline viewing if desired.
From the Bloomberg TV+ description:
Bloomberg Television is a 24-hour global business & financial news network that is watched by the most affluent and influential viewers in the world. It is supported by the world’s largest international news bureau network with 146 bureaus in 72 countries.
With Bloomberg TV+
– Live TV: Bloomberg Television Live 24-hours a day
– Featured videos: The biggest business stories right now prioritized by importance
– Last 24 Hours: All the important business stories from the last 24 hours
– Exclusive interviews with the most influential people in business, finance and investment
– Original content produced for mobile
– Bloomberg’s critically acclaimed shows on demand
– Download videos for offline viewing
– Get extra content on people, companies and topics while watching
– Search our extensive library of video content
– Set and receive reminders for upcoming programs on Live TV
– Share videos via Twitter, Facebook and Email
– Customize your interactive scrolling ticker and get the latest news and market information
– Enjoy all of this in portrait or landscape; fully optimized for both
FINALLY! Business TV on your iPad.
Shows available on demand include:
– Bloomberg West
– Charlie Rose
– Surveillance Midday with Tom Keene
– Tech Stars
– Bloomberg Rewind
– Bloomberg Enterprise
– Bloomberg Risk Takers
– Bloomberg Game Changers
The app is pretty slick, with content easily accessible. The interactive ticker is fun. Just tap on something as it goes by and a pop up window appears with more detail. The app even works in portrait mode, which is more than I can say for most other TV channel apps. Surprisingly, it works in Canada without any region locking that is so prevalent with most other major television networks. Please let us know in the comments if it’s working for you in other countries as well.