For those that don’t know, Blogsy is a popular blogging app for your iPad that makes full use of your device’s touch functionalities. Today, Blogsy has gotten a new update that adds a whole slew of new features, as well as plenty of bug fixes and overall improvements to the app.
In line with Blogsy’s mythical creature naming scheme for updates, today’s update is called Satyr, following previous updates Cerberus and Dragon.
Here’s a list of the new features that Satyr brings to Blogsy:
- Markdown Support – Add support for writing and converting Markdown.
- HTML Keyboard – Added option to turn on an extended keyboard for typing HTML.
- History – Keeps versions of your post so you can revert back to a previous version.
- Save Button – We added a save button so you can save a version.
- Add URL scheme – If other apps add support for this URL scheme then you can send content from another app into Blogsy into a new post.
- Added Draft setting for TypePad blogs.
- Added parsing when fetching Joomla posts to check for special HTML entities and converting them to plain text.
- Triple “+” tap – If you tap three times quickly on the plus button “+” it will move the current open post to the local draft list and start a new post.
The iTunes release notes are pretty lengthy, including full lists of what has changed with Satyr and what bugs have been fixed. There have been quite a few changes, including user interface changes, a moved button for the upload option, moved local drafts, better Vimeo support, changed search bar styles, and a whole lot more.
Bugs that have been fixed with Satyr include the link crash, freezing problems, WordPress tag refresh, invalid HTML crash, and a flickering bug.
Head over to the App Store to see what else Satyr brings to Blogsy. You can get the app for $4.99 and start blogging easily right from your iPad.