iOS 6 is making navigating telephone menus easier with its new “Dial Extension” button. Previously you were able to add automatically dialled extensions to your contacts. Now, you can create a special button for any specific contact and activate it manually.
- Go into your Contacts list.
- Select the contact name you want to add the extension to.
- Tap the “Edit” button.
- On the phone number entry line, put your cursor at the end of the number.
- Tap the +*# button at the bottom left of the screen.
- Tap “Wait” and enter the extension number (You’ll see it will add a semicolon after the main number).
- Select “Done”.
That’s it! The next time you go to dial that number, a “Dial Ext #” button will appear next to the “End” button. Sure makes calling people who work in a big office a much smoother process.