Yesterday Apple unleashed 10.6.1 to the masses. The 10.6.1 update comes just 13 days after the initial release of 10.6 on August 28th. The update fixes the following issues:
- Updates the vulnerable version of flash. Now updated to 10.0.32.18.
- Improves compatibility with some Sierra Wireless 3G modems
- Addresses an issue in which some printer compatibility drivers might not appear properly in the Add Printer browser.
- Fixes an issue where DVD Playback would stop.
- Fixes an issue where removing an item from the Dock may not actually work.
- Fixes an issue where doing Command-option-T would bring up the special characters menu within applications like Mail or Textedit.
- Fixes Mail.app’s auto account setup not working.
- Resolves SMTP mail sending on certain servers.
- Fixes a bug where Motion 4 would stop responding.
As for Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Server the following fixes are included, in addition to the Client version updates.
- Resolves an issue where Server Admin or Server assistant reports duplicate serial numbers on a Mac with multiple network interfaces.
- Improves reliability of services that use Grand Central Dispatch.
The Client Download is 71.5 Megabytes, which you can download here or via Software Update Utility. The Server update is a bit bigger. The download is 75.2 Megabytes and can be obtained from this link or from Apple’s Software Update, at the moment.
Along with the 10.6.1 updates, Apple also released Security Update 2009-005 for both Mac OS X 10.4.11 Tiger and Mac OS X 10.5.8 Leopard. There are a total of 33 vulnerabilities. All 33 affect Mac OS X 10.5.8 Leopard Server, 26 Affect Mac OS X 10.5.8 Client. While only 16 vulnerabilities affect both Tiger 10.4.11 Client and Server. The downloads for each version are below.
10.4.11 Tiger Client:
- Intel Only: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL932 – 169.75MB.
- Power PC Only: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL931 – 77.95MB.
10.4.11 Tiger Server:
- Power PC: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL934 – 132.53MB (Power PC Only).
- Universal: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL933 – 206.43MB (Power PC & Intel).
10.5.8 Leopard Client: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL935 – 93.14MB (Universal).
10.5.8 Leopard Server: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL936 – 181MB (Universal).
All of the vulnerabilities for the 2009-005 Security updates can be found here.
All of the updates are recommended for everybody.