Apple was dragged into the center of the NSA spying scandal in the US this week, when it was revealed that the NSA has s program that can take control of iPhones, albeit with local access. Apple responded, saying that they have never worked with the NSA. Apple is opening a new flagship store in Brisbane Australia. No word on if the Genius Bar will have Foster’s on tap. Apple hired a New York Times designer as the creative director for marketing.
Our Features, Tips, and Funny Posts
- How To Check If Your Snapchat Account Was Hacked
- Japanese Apple Store Customers Open Up Their ‘Lucky Bags’ To See What They Won
- AT&T Is Kinda Sorta Offering T-Mobile Users $450 To Switch. Kinda.
- iFixit Gives New Mac Pro A 8/10 In Repairability
- Original iPhone Prototype Pops Up On eBay For $1,499
Stories From Around the Web
- A visual history of the Apollo missions | An excellent collection of visual materials from the Apollo missions.
- The lost secrets of webOS | The Verge breaks down what might have been if HP didn’t pull the plug on Palm’s ill-fated iOS competitor.
- Source Code in TV and Films | A collection of code from films and TV.
- Take charge of your batteries! | Quentin Stafford explains his rechargeable battery workflow. You read that right, and it is much more interesting than you think.
- Shameless Carriers | Jean-Louis Gassée discusses why the idea of the carrier “subsidy” and the idea that the iPhone is driving up costs for everyone is a complete falsehood.